Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Food for Thought Thursday # 6

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd be so thrilled if you'd also stop by and "Like" my Facebook page!  I am donating $1 to my local animal rescue shelter for every new "Like" I received on my Facebook page this week!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I spent mine with family in sunny Malibu!

Sorry I disappeared on you without saying so, I'm still very hesitant to blog that I'm going on vacation.  Probably good too because there have been a rash of burglaries in my little town in the last week.  

While I was on vacation I discovered of all things a new granola.  Funny, I'm not a huge granola fan but I've always enjoyed it.  My hubby picked up this particular granola because it looked interesting and I have to admit it sounded a bit too "healthy" for my taste....or should I say to have taste....LOL.  Anyway, it tasted so good I came home and immediately checked my local stores and was thrilled to see that one did carry it.  Of course it's ridiculously expensive for the quantity you get, small bags that maybe produce 3 good size bowls of granola (if you are big eaters like we are.)  It's called Bakery on Main Extreme Fruit and Nut Granola.

Here's a pic I found online:

I think what makes it look so interesting is that there are little bowl shaped flakes that cup the granola. It has almost a popcorn like butter flavor to me and it's very nutty.  So that's it, I'm not on a vegan or gluten free diet this just happens to be a really healthy cereal that taste great...go figure that!

Happy Food for Thought Thursday.  Hope you'll join the blog hop and tell us a little about what you're eating today. Go HERE to add your link and to check out the other wonderful blogs about food today!

1 comment:

Janet said...

The granola sounds good even though I'm not much of a granola lover.

I have sort of disappeared too. Today I spent the day baking cookies and only took a couple of photos of them. I promise to get something together for next week.