Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Food For Thought Thursday #1

Welcome to my very first Food For Thought Thursdays!

What food am I sharing today, breakfast.  It's my favorite meal of the day becauseI love, no, I  adore eggs!  I know they aren't for everyone, some just can't stand them and that's okay as long as you don't mind that I love them.  I seem to thrive very well on a high protein diet.  I've been a vegetarian and even vegan at one time but I had a very hard time maintaining my health and metabolism on those particular diets, even when I follow the very best recommendations.  I still work very hard to eat cruelty free and choose the animal proteins I eat very carefully!

Lately my eyes have been very dry!  My eye doctor suggested I up my Omega 3s so I'm working hard to put foods rich in fish oils in my diet.   That inspired yesterday's breakfast, Kippers and Avocado to enhance my regular morning breakfast burrito.  I used Tofutti style cream cheese a leftover from my veggie days (not literally LOL.) I came to prefer its slightly less rich taste to the original style.  Also added homemade chili sauce. It might not look super appetizing but it was delicious!  


 Today's Breakfast, a lovely and simple Frittata with fresh Parmesan, Avocado and Tomatoes from the garden, heavenly!   Whats on your table?



Lunch Today - Was out with my Hubby, Black Bean Veggie Burger with Caramelized Onion
Dinner Today - A bowl of Special K Vanilla with Almonds
Lunch Yesterday - Sushi
Dinner Yesterday -A bowl of Special K Vanilla with Almonds

Come on over to Food For Thought Thursdays and link up to share!


2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Every thing sounds wonderful and looks great. I like the way you eat, looks very healthy. I just joined your FFTT's and thanks, it should be fun.

Anonymous said...

My eyes have been dry too. What's up with that? I will try some omega's and see if it helps. I'm not a big fan of eggs, but eat them as a frittata from time to time. Yours sounds yummy.

Have you tried fresh farm eggs? Quite a bit of difference than store bought.