I've been sick,sick for the last 5 days with a lousy Summer virus that has had me in bed, I had 2 good hours on Tuesday. Did I catch up on the dishes, the laundry or my woefully behind 365 blog....umm....nope, I needed to create, it didn't even feel like a choice.
I used the first thing I found in my studio which was a small 8" x 5" salvaged board that was fortunately already sanded smooth,must have been a finish scrap.
I covered it black gesso. Then I made a simple paper cutout of 3 mice on a wire. I didn't have the patience to cut a real Mylar stencil of them so I used lots of two sided tape to attach them to my board. I mixed white, green and blue acrylics until I ended up with a light turquoisey color that pleased me and painted over the cutout. After it dried removed the cutout to reveal my little nursery rhyme silhouette. A little sanding and pounding with a spike for a distressed look and some bright blue watery paint drips and viola "3 Blind Mice"
TITLE:: Three Blind Mice
SIZE:: 8" X 5"
SUPPORT:: On solid wood salvaged board
SERIES:: 1st in Salvaged Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes Series
and an update on my current torn paper pop art pet portrait commission, although it's seen no time from me this week with my muzzy head but thought you might like an WIP (Work in Progress) peek. Next Friday I should have finished photos for this project.
Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to see what your up to!
Follow along the blog hop hosted by Eva and Kristen -- Paint Party Friday