Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy WOYWW!   

This is a holiday gift Work in Progress, I've only just started the under painting and am laughing at my use of mixed media because it already has acrylic, watercolor and gouache.  I can't seem to ever work with just one medium, I guess it's not in my nature.


and for Wordless Wednesday a picture of the heart shape rock I found...YAY!  I'm always on the outlook for heart shaped objects when I'm on my walks but had yet to find a heart shaped stone.  Having searched far and wide can you believe that the one I found was in my own driveway.... serendipity at its finest because home truly is where my heart is!  I follow two different wonderful WW blogs stop by to see who else is playing!  Wordless Wednesday Create with Joy and Wordless Wednesday Cookin for my Captain.

Don't forget tomorrow is Food For Thought Thursday!  Blog about what you're eating...We really want to know!  Check out week one and details here!  Hope you'll join the fun!

15 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Why should we be limited to just one type of medium for any given project. It is looking goo, and how lucky were you to find that heart shape so close to home.

Lynn Cohen said...

I want to try gouche! Thick yes? Looks like fun. Love the heart rock too!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Robin....I can't work with just one thing either!

I am really loving the colors in this!

LuLu~*xoxo

Christine said...

I can't believe the shape of that rock! Amazing.

Julia Dunnit said...

Great good luck to spot that stone - or are your family finding them and bringing them home to your drive for you to find - that would be lovely!!

Sabina said...

Love the rich colors in the painting. Nice work so far... and also, cool rock! Would make a nice paperweight or something.

Marjo said...

Gorgeous WIP.Thanks for the peek and sharing, xoxo Marjo.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i am sure whoever gets this will be delighted! i too usually mix mediums. what a nice thought about the heart you found on your driveway!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, what an amazing find!! That heart stone is just perfect, as you say, home IS where the heart is!
Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

bohemiannie! art said...

Now...How beautiful is that?!?

voodoo vixen said...

Love the canvas... have to admit I have no idea what gouache is but it looks pretty and your heart stone... what a find!!

Carola Bartz said...

Why should you limit yourself to just one medium? It's so much fun to work with different media on the same piece of art. This one is beautiful.

Electra said...

The picture is lovely-now I need to google "gouache". Happy late WOYWWED!

Shoshi said...

Robin, love your mixed media painting - I'm like you and love to use more than one thing wherever possible! So much more creative and fun. That little pebble is lovely. There are so many heart-shaped objects around if you open your eyes, aren't there! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #84

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Robin,
Dopey me, messed up comment on previous post on food trust me jumped in and read after!! this is great 1920's style pickie you have here - mixed media way to go!! thanks for popping over and happy WOYWW, Shaz in oz.x